Board of Directors for Bastrop 1832 Farmers Market
At our February 20th 2017 meeting, the board appointed several new members to help guide the market going forward
- President: Jeff Long, Bastrop Gardens
- Vice-President: Robert Fajkus (also Market Manager), Sunset Hills Farm
- Vendor Board Member: Cathy Creamer, Donlee Acres/Gran’s Goodies
- Non-Vendor Board Member: Sarah O’Brien, Director, Main Street Program
Other Current Board Members and Officers
- Vendor Board Member: Mike Teinert, Granny Garden and Grass Fed Beef
- Vendor Board Member: Kelley LeBouef, LeBouef Catering and Pig Farm
- Non-Vendor Board Member: Lois McElwain, Jewelry Artist
- Market Manager: Robert Fajkus, Sunset Hills Farm
- Secretary/Treasurer/Publicity: Dolores Leeper, Scented Pleasures Gifts
Current Market Officers
Market Manager - Robert Fajkus
Flatonia, TX 78941
Secretary/Treasurer - Dolores S. Leeper
Smithville, TX 78957
Our Market is located at 1302 Chestnut Street by the Railroad Tracks, inside the Market building at the back of the lot. The Market hours are Saturday mornings from 10 am -2pm. We are open every week of the year with fresh produce and tasty prepared foods, locally raised eggs and meat, and a variety of handcrafted goods by artisans. There is plenty of free parking on the lot and having the market inside the large metal building is great during a variety of less than pleasant weather conditions we experience here in Bastrop.
Our mission as a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation (Bastrop Sustainable Agricultural Community) is to support the sustainability of agriculture in and around Bastrop County and to enable low income families access to low cost, fresh produce. The Bastrop 1832 Farmers Market is a project of the Corporation.
Statement of Market Purpose and Philosophy
The Corporation is a certified farmers' market operated in accordance with state, county, and local laws, for the benefit of farmers and consumers alike. The market operates under the name “Bastrop 1832 Farmers Market” (the “Market”). The Corporation’s fundamental purpose is to provide the community with fresh, locally grown or locally produced products in a convenient location and to provide producers with a direct market for their goods. Further objectives derived from the Corporation's mission include education on the benefits of supporting local agriculture in order to preserve farmland in the surrounding community, improve individual health and strengthen community.